Beautiful & Bespoke Custom Hardwood Flooring
Are you the owner of a Conejo Valley residence or commercial space in need of high-quality hardwood flooring services–including repairs, installations, and refinishing?
Hardwood Flooring in Thousand Oaks, CA
Here at Traditional Floors, our family-owned and operated business has over five generations of experience and expertise when it comes to your hardwood floors. Based out of Newbury Park, our hardwood floor specialists are proud to serve the entire Conejo Valley
Are you looking to install new hardwood floors? Or perhaps your current hardwood floors need refinishing! Contact us today for a free quote by calling 805.499.0927.
The Ultimate Hardwood Flooring Service
When you choose Traditional Floors as your hardwood flooring contractor, you are investing in true quality and craftsmanship that will increase the value of your property. We offer an array of flooring types that will not only complement but enhance your interior space(s), including:
Hardwood Floors That Last A Lifetime | Maintenance and Upkeep
At Traditional Floors, we build hardwood flooring that’s made to last a lifetime–and then some.
Hardwood Flooring Maintenance in Thousand Oaks, CA
To get the most out of your hardwood floors, we suggest regular maintenance and provide these services as a convenience to our clients. In fact, maintenance coating will increase the lifespan of your hardwood floors by building up the finish for additional foot traffic and protecting its shine and sheen.
In between professional maintenance sessions, we suggest the following upkeep tips to homeowners and property owners with hardwood floors for everyday care:
The Do’s & Don’ts Of Caring For Your Hardwood Floor
We know you want to keep your hardwood floors looking their best day-in and day-out all year round. Here are some simple do’s and don’ts when it comes to maintaining the natural elegance of your property’s hardwood flooring.
- Clean up any spills as soon as possible, since this will prevent long-term damage.
- Vacuum or sweep your hardwood floors daily to eliminate dirt, debris, and the scratches they can cause.
- Utilize mats and/or rugs at entrances and door openings to minimize the chance of people and pets tracking in dirt, debris, mud, slush, oil, or grease onto your hardwood floors.
- Attach furniture pads at the bottom of furniture legs, so they can’t cause any scratches or dents.
- Trim your pets’ nails regularly, so they can’t scratch the surface of your hardwood floors.
- Avoid cleaning your hardwood floors using water or steam–this will cause damage permanent and dull the finish over time.
- Due to moisture exposure, do not install hardwood floors in bathroom areas.
- Try not to walk on your hardwood floors with high heels or cleats since these types of shoes can cause dents.
The More You Know:
- Electrostatic action from microfiber cloths or pads is the best way to clean your hardwood floors since this material attracts common allergens and microparticles that can cause scratches or surface damage.
- Avoid using steamers on your hardwood floors since they can cause cupping and long-term damage to your hardwood floors.
- Protective mats undoubtedly increase the longevity of your hardwood floor’s life. Consider using rubber rug underlayments with a waffle pattern at doorways and felt floor protectors on furniture legs to minimize overall denting and scratching.
The Best In Craftsmanship and Function Since 1988
Do you have any additional questions about our Thousand Oaks residential and commercial hardwood flooring services? Contact us for a free consultation and quote for installs, repairs, and maintenance at 805.469.7622.